New Super Mario Bros. Wii
A Classic Mario Adventure that Everyone Can Enjoy – at the same time
Developers at Nintendo have dreamed of creating a simultaneous multiplayer Super Mario Bros. game for decades. The Wii finally makes that dream come true for everyone.
New SUPER MARIO BROS. Wii allows up to four players to play together, competitively or cooperatively. Pick other players up to save them from danger, or throw them into it! New SUPER MARIO BROS. Wii brings family entertainment into living rooms and engages groups of friends and family in fast-paced Super Mario Bros. fun!
As you navigate your way through the side scrolling worlds of New SUPER MARIO BROS. Wii, additional players can jump into the game at any time and on any level! Mario, Luigi and two Toads are all playable characters in New SUPER MARIO BROS. Wii, while many others from the Mushroom Kingdom make appearances throughout the game. Players can even ride different Yoshi characters and use Yoshi's tongue to swallow enemies - or their fellow players.
New items in New SUPER MARIO BROS. Wii include Mario's new ability to transform into Penguin Mario, and also the propeller suit. The propeller suit shoots players high into the sky with just a shake of the Wii Remote.
New SUPER MARIO BROS. Wii also contains a Super Guide feature. If players have trouble with a tough course and lose a life enough times in a row, the Super Guide icon will appear in the course. Once activated, Mario's brother Luigi will take control of the game and show players a safe route through the course as he heads for the goal.
New SUPER MARIO BROS. Wii features a classic gaming experience that anyone can enjoy, but what about for the seasoned players out there? Brand new power-ups, tricky jumps, and clever co-op techniques will provide plenty of challenges - even for veteran Mario gamers. As you play through the game, Hint Movies can be unlocked that show off some serious platforming finesse by the best players on Nintendo's development team.
- New Super Mario Bros. Wii offers a combination of cooperation and competition. Players can pick each other up to save them from danger or toss them into it.
- Mario, Luigi and two Toads are all playable characters, while many others from the Mushroom Kingdom make appearances throughout the game. Players can even ride different Yoshi characters and use their tongues to swallow enemies, items and even balls of fire.
- In some areas, players use the motion abilities of the Wii Remote controller. The first player to reach a seesaw might make it tilt to help his or her character reach a higher platform – or might make it tilt incorrectly just to mess with other players.
- New items include the propeller suit, which will shoot players high into the sky with just a shake of the Wii Remote, and Mario’s new ability to transform into Penguin Mario.
- At the end of each stage during the coin battle multiplayer mode, players are ranked based on the number of coins they have collected.